Note: This tutorial is for intermediate to advanced PSP users and as such, will not contain detailed instructions for every phase.
This frame can be made with either PSP6 or PSP7. No outside filters are needed, and it's easy....
1. Open the image you want to frame. This tut works best on images which are 400x400 pixels or less.
2. Duplicate your image and close the original.
3. Go to Edit>copy, then Edit>paste as new layer.
4. Go to your layer palette and select the background layer.
5. Go to Effects>Texture Effects>Mosaic Glass with these settings:
NOTE: You wonīt see any change unless you click the glasses on layer 1. Donīt worry, itīs going to work.
6. Now, go back to your layer palette and select Layer 1.
7. Go to Image>resize and use the following settings: Be sure resize all layers is unchecked!
8. Remaining on Layer 1, go to Selections>Select All. Now, choose the Magic Wand, Tolerance 0, Feather 0, and click in the center of the image, so you have this:
9. Go to Effects>3D effects>Cutout and use these settings: Vertical 4, Horizontal 4, Opacity 100, Blur 9.5, Shadow Color Black, Fill interior with color/UNCHECKED.
10. Repeat step 9, but change the Vertical and Horizontal Offsets to 4. Deselect.
11. Go back to your layer Palette and click on the background layer again. Go to Colors>Adjust>Highlight/Midtone/Shadow and use these settings. (This is so there will be a bit more sheen and contrast to the glass frame).
12. Go to Layers>Merge all (flatten).
Thatīs it! Pretty easy huh?
I hope you had fun.....I love frames.
This tutorial is my own creation, any similarity to any other tutorial on the Internet is unintentional. It is copyrighted by me, Nightshadow, on January 4, 2002, and is not to be copied or reproduced in any way under penalty of law. Graphics lists, please e-mail me for permission to post my tutorials, especially because I would love to see the results :O)
NOTE: Any image you make using this tutorial is completely your own property.
|[ Home ]||[ Tutorials ]||[ Sign My Guest Book ]||[ View My Guest Book ]||[ Goodies ]||[ Links ]|
Đ Blue Rose Design 2002